Friday, October 22, 2010

Don Henley - The Boys of Summer (808's Extended Remix)


My first installment, is an extended remix of probably the most popular track off of Don Henley's "Building the Perfect beast" album in 1985. Sadly, this song never got the proper extended 12" remix treatment when it was released, so this is my attempt to make up for this oversight.

I only used the 7" version for this mix, but I used many tricks and manipulations in it. First off, I managed to isolate the vocals from the song, and use them to add some reverb to the main vocals. I isolated other track elements and mixed them into the song, using airplane flange effects. I also used similar effects on the hi-hat pattern at the beginning, the vocals on the third verse and on the ending. These modifications, I believe, give this mix a genuine 80's extended remix feel.



Total mix running time: 6 minutes 37 seconds.

Listen to this track on legitmix.com

No comments: