Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Billy Ocean - Loverboy (808's Extended Mix)

Another classic track from 1985. This one has a special meaning to me. This was of course the second single from Billy Ocean's "Suddenly" album, and I think the strongest single from that album.

In making this mix, I used both the original 12" mix, and a dub mix which was on the B-side of the 7" single. The arrangement of the parts I used in this mix, were inspired by a similar arrangement that was used in an exclusive mix which used to be played on KISS FM 99.9, a radio station out of Asheville, NC, which played a lot of exclusive 12" mixes back in the day. That mix is still burned in my head, and I duplicated the arrangement as closely as I could, adding some extended material to the ending, and doing crossfading between the two mixes instead of just straight edits.

The result, I think, is a true 12" mix which stands out uniquely from the official 12" mix release, it's a lot more interesting to listen to. As with the original mix, the running time is 8 minutes and 6 seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

podrian volverlo a subir please gracias.